Credit score: David Imel / Android Authority
Just below a yr in the past, we informed you which ones telephones we have been utilizing as our daily drivers. The outcomes confirmed that Samsung was the most well-liked model amongst Android Authority employees, with Google in a comparatively shut second place.
We’re nearly due for a 2021 version of this ballot, nevertheless it obtained us questioning in regards to the telephone manufacturers that Android Authority readers are utilizing in the mean time. We have been notably enthusiastic about what Android telephone manufacturers our readers are utilizing. We all know plenty of our readers have iPhones (you’re all very welcome right here too!), however as an alternative of pitting Android towards iOS, we wish to know which Android OEMs have earned a spot in your pockets.
So, we posted a poll. Right here’s the way you voted!
Which Android telephone model are you utilizing?
We revealed the ballot on February 2, 2021, and an enormous 18,915 votes have been tallied as of writing. There’s clearly one producer that stands tall above all else although, and that’s Samsung.
Roughly two-thirds of all Android Authority readers with Android telephones are rocking a tool by the South Korean model. Between Samsung’s wholesome funds portfolio, well-rounded flagships, and its pledge to supply three variations of Android updates, there are many causes to hop aboard.
The second-most fashionable choose was Google, as 18% of respondents stated they’re packing a Pixel telephone. Google gave us some good Pixels this yr, with the Pixel 4a being a funds champion for a lot of. The Pixel 4a 5G additionally packed most of the extras of the Pixel 5 at a considerably cheaper worth.
OnePlus rounded out the rostrum place, with nearly 16% of voters saying they’ve obtained a tool by the BBK-affiliated model. The corporate expanded its portfolio in 2020, delivering cheaper telephones just like the OnePlus Nord, N10, and N100. It additionally served up the OnePlus 8 sequence and OnePlus 8T, though a few feedback level to older flagships nonetheless getting used.
Extra studying: The best Android phones worth buying
Motorola (6.78%), Xiaomi (6.6%), and LG (5.5%) have been the one different producers to earn greater than 5% of the votes every. It’s fascinating to notice that Motorola and LG are massive in North America however have been on the wane in different markets, suggesting that many respondents have been from North America.
It’s additionally price noting that Oppo, Vivo, and Realme are in fifth, sixth, and seventh locations respectively for world market share in response to Counterpoint. However none of those manufacturers obtained greater than 2% of your votes, once more presumably suggesting many US and Canadian respondents.
After all, this ballot isn’t precisely indicative of the Android smartphone market at giant, nevertheless it’s nonetheless enjoyable to see what readers are utilizing. And the feedback additionally shed extra gentle on particular fashions.
- Hassan Saam El-khatib: Google. Solely model I belief. Quick updates, lengthy assist, clear software program and good digital camera. Pixel telephones are so easy and seamless.
- The Doctor: Samsung all the way in which. S21 Extremely. S Pen assist, greatest cameras in an Android telephone, fast updates…I like Google telephones, but when I needed boring, I’d go to Apple.
- Alex: I presently have a galaxy S10+, however yearly Samsung telephones grow to be extra like Apple (at the least hardware-wise) and now with no headphone jack, no exterior SD card slot, no MST, no edge display screen choice, and no included charger, my subsequent telephone will most likely be a distinct model.
- Zoid: I’m holding my OP6 till it dies. Rooted, good processor, headphone jack, good battery, good display screen, simply the correct dimension for my arms, clear OS (earlier than they determined to wreck it). The one factor it lacks is a SD card slot. Won’t ever personal a Samsung – hate the bloat and the UI.
- Eric Welling: Nonetheless rocking and having fun with my Oppo Discover X2 Professional. Coming from the Huawei P30 Professional I can actually say that Oppo fills the opening that Huawei left behind. In between these telephones I had the Samsung S20 Plus 5G for about 2 months, however it’s a thriller to me why they’re the chief of the smartphone business. Poor battery life, lagging software program and display screen, dreadful digital camera efficiency and Samsung’s UI is terrible.
- actionjksn: I’ve solely used LG V sequence and I’m proud of them, I want they weren’t getting out of the enterprise. I’ve the V60 now and it’s quick and appears nice. I actually don’t fear in regards to the updates. I like my DAC audio jack and SD card slot. And the worth, spouse and I obtained two V60’s for BOGO at $800 for each.
- AnySmarterIdRunLinux: S8+. Been wanting a brand new telephone for two+ years however nothing fascinating has been launched. I believe i’m lastly on the level the place i received’t be bothered with updates i don’t need or want so i could use this till it dies.
- Kevin Hoang: That is the north American smartphone market when you ask this in Asia extra possible Xiaomi will simply dominate the chart and comply with by oppo or Samsung and vivo
- Mawuena Dogbe: Nonetheless rocking the Important Telephone over right here!
- Chuck: I’m utilizing the Razer Telephone 2, however I want I wasn’t.
- Tony Talks: Utilizing a Oneplus 6T as a secondary machine. I didn’t wish to however my IPhone 11 Professional is my major machine because of its smaller dimension.
- ProLoveLife: LG G7 One, it’s an honest telephone however One UI is a bit of restricted. P.S. Acquired it as a present, I needed the common LG G7.
That’s it for our ballot outcomes article! What telephone are you utilizing proper now? And are you proud of it? Tell us within the feedback beneath.